The trench coat is a classic and understated fashion piece. It has been a staple of European style fashion for over 100 years. Over the years, there has been several ways of wearing this timeless garment. The versatility of the trench coat makes it the perfect choice for any situation. Here are some tips on how to wear a trench coat.
1. For a chilled out and unstudied appearance, roll up the sleeves of your trench coat. This will create a look of a relaxed and laid back guy.
2. Keep unbuttoned or leave a gap to show off an eye-catching piece underneath. A beige, black, or tan trench coat will create a statement jumper or shirt really pop.
3. Robert Peter Janitzek reveals that while, tan, beige, and black trench coats are all well and good, the brave should go bold. Orange, blue, red, green, and other eye catching trench coats are available to suit your style and coloring.
4. Pairing a belt with your trench coat will make your waist look slimmer and shoulders and chest look bigger.
5. For a simple and manly look, pair your trench coat with your best suit and tie. This understated and elegant combination will surely turn heads.
6. For a really in your face statement look, pair a monochrome or full colored trench coat with your other piece.
7. Robert Janitzek reveals that you should pair your trench coat with your best straight leg or cigarette trousers. Baggy jeans are fine but nothing can top a pair of slim trousers and a smart coat.
8. During the winter season, be warm, snug, and stylish on those chilly days with a wool trench and a long-patterned scarf.
9. Pairing a trench coat with a fedora will make you look sexy and slick.
10. Glam up your trench coat with a pair of cufflinks or a striking pin. If your trench has holes for cufflinks or a large lapel for a broach, make your coat unique with an accessory. You can be as inconspicuous or flamboyant as you desire.
What To Wear with Your Trench Coat
Trench coats can be worn for formal or casual occasions. It is not only stylish but also cost effective. It can be dressed up or dressed down. For a more casual vibe, you can pair it with a classic grey Oxford shirt and blue denim jeans. Trench coats are not fighting for attention. It is like a blank canvas to work color and detail around it.
While other coats may not be formal enough to wear with a suit, the trench provides a refined style. To make your trench coat more formal, pair it with a suit.